what actually uses xdr_mem.c?

Simon Barner barner at in.tum.de
Wed Mar 26 13:01:02 PST 2003

> Actually, I _would_ check the binaries. Scanning /usr/src doesn't cover
> anything installed via the ports collection (/usr/ports), from other
> sources, or "home-grown" software.

I didn't think of non-base-system software, you are right. From that point of
view, you are certainly right.

As far as I understood your script, it scans the output of "readelf -a", and
prints that file name if and only if this output contains "XDR" or "xdr". Will
this work if the binary is stripped (sorry in case I just overlooked something
stupid :-)

Regards,
 Simon