Wu-ftpd FTP server contains remotely exploitable off-by-one bug

John Fox jjf at mind.net
Thu Jul 31 11:35:52 PDT 2003

Hello,

I see in BugTraq that there's yet another problem with Wu-ftpd, but I see
no mention of it in the freebsd-security mailing list archives...I have
searched the indexes from all of June and July.

Wu is pretty widely used, so I'm surprised that nobody seems to have
mentioned this problem in this forum.

The notice on BugTraq mentioned only Linux, not FreeBSD, but that's no
reason to assume that FreeBSD machines aren't vulnerable, too.  Which is
why I am confused as to the lack of discussion of this matter.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

Thank you,

John