ASMTP setup on 4.8

Hajimu UMEMOTO ume at mahoroba.org
Fri Jul 18 13:11:02 PDT 2003

Hi,

>>>>> On Fri, 18 Jul 2003 12:14:08 -0700
>>>>> "Drew Tomlinson" <drew at mykitchentable.net> said:

drew> I've been trying to get saslauthd working with PAM on my 4.8-RELEASE but
drew> have been unsuccessful.

Umm, it's strange.  Actually, I didn't change any PAM related
settings, and it is working here.

drew>  I installed saslauthd from the ports.  One of the problems is
drew> that the man page is unreadable.  Is there some way to fix it?

Okay, I found the problem, and I've just committed the fix.  Please
re-cvsup and try it.

drew> It's been a few weeks since I looked at it but I recall having to create
drew> a /usr/local/lib/sasl2/smtpd.conf file.  What should the correct
drew> contents be?

Though I have no experience with postfix, I heared that
/usr/local/lib/sasl2/smtpd.conf is for postfix.  Are you using
sendmail?  If so, it should be /usr/local/lib/sasl2/Sendmail.conf.

drew> And what might I need to put in /etc/pam.conf to make it all work.

The `other' entries which are provided as default sould be sufficient
for saslauthd.  I didn't make any change into my /etc/pam.conf.

Sincerely,

ume at mahoroba.org  ume at bisd.hitachi.co.jp  ume@{,jp.}FreeBSD.org
http://www.imasy.org/~ume/