ASMTP setup on 4.8

Hajimu UMEMOTO ume at mahoroba.org
Fri Jul 18 09:28:32 PDT 2003

Hi,

>>>>> On Fri, 18 Jul 2003 11:01:27 -0500
>>>>> Chris Boyd <cboyd at gizmopartners.com> said:

cboyd> I'm trying to set up a sendmail server on 4.8 that supports auth-based
cboyd> relaying.  I followed the procedures at
cboyd> http://puresimplicity.net/~hemi/freebsd/sendmail.html, and aside from
cboyd> having to run makes manually in the library directories, I had no
cboyd> difficulty.  I did not use the rebuild world recommendation, though.

cboyd> Everything is up and running, but whenever I try to send mail through
cboyd> it, I always get a mismatch on the user/pass, even though they are
cboyd> correct.  Any recommendations?

The page explains the setup of using saslauthd.  Recently, saslauthd
was separated from cyrus-sasl2 port for some reason.  If you don't
have /usr/local/sbin/saslauthd installed in your system, you need to
install it from ports/security/cyrus-sasl2-saslauthd, too.  In
addition, you need to change /usr/local/lib/sasl2/Sendmail.conf to use
saslauthd like:

	pwcheck_method: saslauthd

Sincerely,

ume at mahoroba.org  ume at bisd.hitachi.co.jp  ume@{,jp.}FreeBSD.org