EoL dates

Colin Percival colin.percival at wadham.ox.ac.uk
Sun Aug 24 10:15:57 PDT 2003

At 10:03 24/08/2003 -0700, Kris Kennaway wrote:
>On Sun, Aug 24, 2003 at 06:45:50AM -0700, Colin Percival wrote:
> >   Is there any reason why releases have EoL dates after only 12
> > months?
>
>They are supported by unpaid volunteers who have a limit to the amount
>of free time they can donate to the project.

   Either I'm missing your point, or you're missing my point.  There are
five release branches now which are "not officially supported", but I have
yet to see any circumstance where they have, in fact, not been
supported.  If those branches were not being supported because people were
too busy to support them, I'd understand perfectly; but as far as I can
see, those branches *are* being supported.

Colin Percival