realpath(3) et al

Jacques A. Vidrine nectar at FreeBSD.org
Tue Aug 12 12:59:48 PDT 2003

On Tue, Aug 12, 2003 at 01:59:51PM +0200, Devon H. O'Dell wrote:
> In any case, IBM has a stack smashing protection patch for GCC 3.3 on
> FreeBSD 4.8 available at
> http://www.trl.ibm.com/projects/security/ssp/buildfreebsd.html (the
> description page is at http://www.trl.ibm.com/projects/security/ssp/). It
> currently works in the latest cvsupped source from 5.1 as well (I've built
> and tested it).

http://www.research.ibm.com/trl/projects/security/ssp/ has the latest.
Yes, I'd like to see this in the base system as well.  Our toolchain
in 5.x is calming down a bit, maybe the timing is getting ripe.

I thought Kris looked into this before, but I don't recall what might
have ultimately stopped him from making the commits. cc:ing him in
case he has insight to share.

Cheers,
--
Jacques Vidrine   . NTT/Verio SME      . FreeBSD UNIX       . Heimdal
nectar at celabo.org . jvidrine at verio.net . nectar at freebsd.org . nectar at kth.se