Forensics CD Toolkit for FreeBSD

Bruce M Simpson bms at spc.org
Mon Aug 4 09:32:43 PDT 2003

On Sun, Aug 03, 2003 at 12:59:31PM -0600, Joe Warner wrote:
> Yes, I've seen that all over the place from my searches on Google but I
> was hesitant about going any further with that because it said it's only
> been tested on FreeBSD 2.2.1, 3.4, and 4.4

A lot of the code in TCT is fairly portable. I remember TCT well from using
it on Solaris at a certain investment bank.

> Do you think I can run TCT from a CD?

Most of TCT depends on libc functions, I see no problem with running TCT
from CD if it's compiled and linked correctly for this purpose.
You may even wish to try compiling the tools as standalone binaries so that
they can be placed on smaller boot media.

BMS