FTP

Ronan Lucio ronan at melim.com.br
Mon Aug 4 06:05:58 PDT 2003

Jan,

> What ftp server are you using? If I remember right ProFTPd allows you to
define
> what passive ports to use, eg. 50000-50100 or something like that. Then
you only
> open up that ports you defined in proftpd.conf in the firewall.
> Or did you mean outgoing ftp traffic?

My main problem is a Internet gateway to provide Internet access
for a building where the clients need to access other FTP servers from
other servers.

For example: We provide Internet access for a building. If the clients
of these network need to access the FreeBSD FTP server and Yahoo
and etc...

I´m permiting ports from 1025 to 65535 to make it possible.
Is it right?

Thank´s,
Ronan