fstack protector

Stuart Anderson anderson at netsweng.com
Fri Apr 18 14:38:51 PDT 2003

On Sat, 12 Apr 2003, Kris Kennaway wrote:

> That's the best solution for FreeBSD.  You'd just set CC and CFLAGS if
> you want to build with it, as usual.  Be aware that some ports will
> not run when built with -fstack-protector, last time I checked
> (XFree86 is one).

Do you recall what the problem is with XFree86? Is it client side, or in
the server? My guess would be that some additional runtime support is needed
in the module loader in the server.

                                Stuart

Stuart R. Anderson                               anderson at netsweng.com
Network & Software Engineering                   http://www.netsweng.com/
1024D/37A79149:                                  0791 D3B8 9A4C 2CDC A31F
                                                 BD03 0A62 E534 37A7 9149