Fixed MIME content header field

Bill Vermillion bv at wjv.com
Sun Apr 6 14:39:42 PDT 2003

Wise men talk because they have something to say, however on Sun,
Apr 06, 2003 at 12:00 , freebsd-security-request at freebsd.org just
had to say something so we heard:

> Today's Topics:
>
>    1. Fixed MIME Content-Type header field (Nikolaj I. Potanin)

> Message: 1
> Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2003 12:59:31 +0400
> From: "Nikolaj I. Potanin" <nikolaj at drweb.ru>
> Subject: Fixed MIME Content-Type header field
> To: freebsd-security at freebsd.org

> Hello All,

> What could mean the following in maillog:

> Apr 5 23:17:40 drweb sm-mta[87118]: h35JHb15087090: Fixed MIME
> Content-Type header field (possible attack)

> Is it something to worry about?

That's part of the new Sendmail if I'm not mistaken.  You can see
the info in the RELEASE notes for sendmail 8.12.9.   That was one
of the main fixes after the bug announcment about 10 days ago.

Bill