Disk reordering on LSI SAS2008/mps(4)

Stephen Mcconnell stephen.mcconnell at broadcom.com
Mon Aug 28 15:08:15 UTC 2017

I'm assuming that the dubug_level is in hex, right? If it is than the run
where debug_level is 0x583 should be showing some Mapping debug output,
but I don't see any. Do you have mapping enabled in the controller? You
can see the mapping flags in IOC Page 8 in the Flags field. Do you have a
way to look at the controller pages? You'd need either lsiutil or maybe
mpsutil will work (Scott Long wrote mpsutil and I don't know anything
about it).

If you don't have mapping enabled, you won't be guaranteed that the
devices will be discovered in the same order over a controller reset or
reboot.

Steve