Do I need SAS drives?..

Mikhail T. mi+m at aldan.algebra.com
Wed Aug 9 14:27:40 UTC 2017

My server has 8 "hot-plug" slots, that can accept both SATA and SAS drives. SATA ones tend to be cheaper for the same features (like cache-sizes), what am I getting for the extra money spent on SAS?

Asking specifically about the protocol differences... It would seem, for example, SATA can not be as easily hot-plugged, but with camcontrol(8) that should not be a problem, right? What else? Thank you!
--
Sent from mobile device, please, pardon shorthand.

--
Sent from mobile device, please, pardon shorthand.