camcontrol sanitize

Eugene M. Zheganin emz at norma.perm.ru
Sun Aug 6 08:48:01 UTC 2017

Hi,

On 27.07.2017 20:22, Kenneth D. Merry wrote:

> CAM status 0xe is a bus reset.  Do you see anything in dmesg that might
> shed more light on it?  If you use the -v switch, camcontrol will print out
> more verbose error information, and should provide text for the error
> number.
>
> What kind of controller are you using?  I'm guessing you are using a 12Gb
> SAS controller given what I see above.  What firmware revision is on the
> controller?
>
> The drive is a SATA drive, and SANITIZE is a SCSI command.  There are
> translations defined in the SAT spec to translate SANITIZE to an ATA
> command.  I don't know whether your controller supports those translations
> or whether the drive supports the underlying ATA BLOCK ERASE EXT command.

It's an LSI3008-based HBA (SAS9300-4i4e):

# mprutil show adapter
mpr0 Adapter:
        Board Name: SAS9300-4i4e
    Board Assembly: H3-25515-00G
         Chip Name: LSISAS3008
     Chip Revision: ALL
     BIOS Revision: 8.11.00.00
Firmware Revision: 14.00.00.00
   Integrated RAID: no

PhyNum  CtlrHandle  DevHandle  Disabled  Speed   Min    Max Device
0       0001        0009       N         12      3.0    12     SAS Initiator
1       0001        0009       N         12      3.0    12     SAS Initiator
2       0001        0009       N         12      3.0    12     SAS Initiator
3       0001        0009       N         12      3.0    12     SAS Initiator
4                              N                 3.0    12     SAS Initiator
5                              N                 3.0    12     SAS Initiator
6                              N                 3.0    12     SAS Initiator
7                              N                 3.0    12     SAS Initiator

Don't remember seeing anything erroneous in dmesg. Unfortunately, right
now I cannot pepeat this sequence, because I've already dd'ed disks with
zeroes and put them back into the production.

Thanks.
Eugene.