LSI - MR-Fusion controller driver <mrsas> patch and man page

borjam at sarenet.es borjam at sarenet.es
Tue Mar 25 18:19:27 UTC 2014

El 25.03.2014 18:46, Doug Ambrisko escribió:
> Quick question, what version of FreeBSD are you using?  I netbooted
> current and then did:
> 	newfs /dev/da4
> 	mount /dev/da4 /mnt
> 	cd /mnt ; bonnie++ -u 0
> da4 is a Toshiba 300G SAS drive.  This worked okay.

Now that I recall, I tried with 10 and 10-STABLE. Once I saw that it
didn't work I abandoned the idea of using the Invader in that
configuration, installing a LSI2008 based card (flashed IBM M1015) and
using the Invader just to boot from a mirror.

I also found out that the system didn't work when booting from the
mirror with FreeBSD 10. but it did with -CURRENT.

I copied the mfi driver from -CURRENT to 10-STABLE and I verified that
it solved that particular problem (booting from an Invader logic volume)
but, after discarding the Invader for ZFS, I didn't repeat the
syspd/pass through tests. My fault.

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-scsi/2014-March/006274.html

So, first thing to do tomorrow, repeat the syspd/passthrough tests with
STABLE and the backported mfi driver from -CURRENT.

Sorry, my fault, I should have tried that :/

Borja.