Data corruption with the mfi(4) driver

Borja Marcos borjam at sarenet.es
Thu Jul 10 10:25:08 UTC 2014

On Jul 10, 2014, at 11:22 AM, Francois Tigeot wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Now, this particular server was running under DragonFly and not FreeBSD but
> the mfi(4) driver is mostly the same under both operating systems and I have
> found reports of data corruption issues with mfi(4) and recent LSI adapters
> in the archives of this list.

I reported data corruption affecting one of the new SAS3 controllers on an IBM server.

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-scsi/2014-February/006260.html

In my case, it happened when using the "passthrough" support (called  "syspd" or "jbod" by LSI). It did not corrupt
data for me when using it as a RAID card.

Cheers,

Borja.