Support for aoc-sas2lp-mv8?

John-Mark Gurney jmg at funkthat.com
Sat Aug 23 23:44:35 UTC 2014

Turbo Fredriksson wrote this message on Sun, Aug 24, 2014 at 01:13 +0200:
> On Aug 24, 2014, at 1:00 AM, John-Mark Gurney wrote:
>
> > Looks like hpt27xx is part of the kernel...  kldstat -v | grep hpt27xx
> > to verify...
>
> In the kernel...
>
> 	# kldstat -v | grep hpt27xx
>                 407 pci/hpt27xx
>
> > You also didn't answer my question on which vendor the card is from...
>
> I did, but you might have missed that. Sent the reply to you personally and
> later realized my mistake and resent it to the list...
>
> http://www.supermicro.com/products/accessories/addon/aoc-sas2lp-mv8.cfm

Sorry, must of missed it...

You can always ask the vendor...  Though you probably know the answer,
at least they know that there is demand for support...

> > pciconf -lv would also be useful... But vendor/model of the card would
> > also be...
>
> Attached...
>
> I guess the interesting part is:
>
> none1 at pci0:1:0:0:       class=0x010400 card=0x94801b4b chip=0x94851b4b rev=0xc3 hdr=0x00
>     vendor     = 'Marvell Technology Group Ltd.'
>     class      = mass storage
>     subclass   = RAID
>
> I guess it finds the chip, not the card, because the card is a Supermicro!

Yeh, as you said, it's a Marvell 9485 chip, and usually they don't change
the id of the chip when they integrate it into their product...  You could
also ask Marvell for a driver too...

So, yes, looks like that card is unsupported, and w/o the vendor
willing to either write a driver, or release docs to someone who can,
it won't get written...

--
  John-Mark Gurney				Voice: +1 415 225 5579