New Driver for MegaRaid 6Gb/s and 12Gb/s Card

Desai, Kashyap Kashyap.Desai at lsi.com
Fri Apr 19 15:47:39 UTC 2013

Skinny Drake will be supported by mfi.

Sorry if my earlier info was not clear. Every LSI MegaRaid HBA support which is currently available in "mfi" will not be changed.
It will be continue to be supported using "mfi".

Thunderbolt (6Gb/s Raid Card) was latest introduction of Raid controller from LSI, which was added in "mfi". Typically plan was to add thunderbolt onwards support in "mrsas", but due to business requirements LSI added Thunderbolt support in "mfi".

So here is summary.
Mfi driver is freeze in terms of adding new PnP IDs.
Mrsas driver starts with "Thunderbolt (Device id 0x005B) and continue to support all upcoming product of MegaRaid family.

> Would those only be supported by mfi, or by mrsas and mfi?
> Is there already a mrsasutil being planned to replace mfiutil?

New management interface will be expose by mrsas as "/dev/mrsasX". If mfiutil has flexibility to work on "/dev/mrsasX" instead of "/dev/mfiX" we can extend the same utility for mrsas.