New Driver for MegaRaid 6Gb/s and 12Gb/s Card

Desai, Kashyap Kashyap.Desai at lsi.com
Thu Apr 18 06:55:49 UTC 2013

As of now mfi driver support upto LSI's 6Gb/s Raid controller (Product name "Thunderblot")
"mrsas" driver is a new driver which will support for "Thunderbolt" onwards product.

So plan is mrsas driver is LSI's recommended driver for 6Gb/s onwards Raid controller.

We are also going to provide priority choice for Thunderbolt controller (which is currently supported in mfi).
User can choose "mfi" Driver instead of "mrsas" for Thunderbolt Controller.

In summary, mfi will not have any additional support for new controls and it will stop at Thunderbolt.
In long term, if all user switch to "mrsas" for Thunderbolt card, we can also plan to remove support of "Thunderbolt" From "mfi"

Hope my response clarifies your doubts.

~ Kashyap