kern/165740: [cam] SCSI code must drain callbacks before free

Alexander Motin mav at FreeBSD.org
Mon Apr 15 08:00:01 UTC 2013

The following reply was made to PR kern/165740; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Alexander Motin <mav at FreeBSD.org>
To: Hans Petter Selasky <hselasky at c2i.net>
Cc: sbruno at freebsd.org, bug-followup at FreeBSD.org
Subject: Re: kern/165740: [cam] SCSI code must drain callbacks before free
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2013 10:58:32 +0300

 On 15.04.2013 08:58, Hans Petter Selasky wrote:
 > On 04/14/13 21:25, Sean Bruno wrote:
 >> Can you regenerate this patch?  It looks like it got garbled by gnats.
 >> Or this is a copy/paste from an annotated version of a web page?
 >
 > Can you check the commit logs? I wonder if Alexander has fixed this issue.

 No, I haven't, but I've noticed it also myself. I think that the code
 around these callouts is historically not exactly correct and needs some
 more attention then just dropping the lock and draining.

 BTW one way to avoid dropping lock there could be in taking extra
 reference to device before arming it. That would keep device from
 destruction until callout actually fire.

 --
 Alexander Motin