Bug Report: IBM x3650M4 (32GB, 2x4-core Xeon E5-2600, IBM ServeRaid M5110e): fails in install with NMI

Adam McDougall mcdouga9 at egr.msu.edu
Tue Aug 28 21:34:37 UTC 2012

On 08/28/2012 17:06, Mike A wrote:

> At this point I don't know whether the problems stem from the RAID adapter
> hosing the CD/DVD boot process, or from some other impediment. It may be
> that this belongs in the amd64 group, instead of the scsi group. I don't
> see a way to tell until I (or you) can determine the cause of the CD/DVD
> boot problems.
>
> Thanks so much for your help so far.

For the sake of debugging, can you remove or disable the RAID adapter
and see if it works any better?  Also, if it really is an mpt chip, I'm
not sure it would do much worthwhile RAID in the first place.  I'd
expect a different driver to try to attach if it did full RAID.  If it
boots without the original card, it may be worth exploring replacement
controllers, even temporarily just to get more in-depth testing going.