iscsi_initiator and tag opening problem

Matthew Jacob mj at feral.com
Wed May 25 13:49:47 UTC 2011

On 5/25/2011 12:20 AM, Daniel Braniss wrote:
> is this somehow detectable? or a list of '[non]complaint' targets is needed?
You probably should decide whether to just use SIMPLE (no matter what)
or have a list. Since it's a violation of SAM I doubt that there is a
way to detect it.
> any side effects? or should I make it tunable?

As it stands now for FreeBSD, making them all SIMPLE would probably be
okay. Linux does that apparently.
I'd make it a tunable with the default to SIMPLE. I asked some of the
(now NetApp) Engenio engineers, and their arrays' iSCSI implementation
*does* handle all of the different tag types.
> Thanks Matthew, you made my day!

No problem. Thank you, actually. I'm starting to work more with iSCSI
for my day job which has been an interesting change.