mps(4) driver (LSI 6Gb SAS) commited to stable/8

Martin Nilsson martin at mullet.se
Thu Mar 10 05:47:11 UTC 2011

Josh Paetzel skrev:
> The mfi driver on the LSI web page supports the 9240, whereas the stock
> FreeBSD mfi driver does not.  The LSI driver breaks mfiutil however, so make
> sure you have megacli or the like working.
>
> Xin Li is looking at merging support for the 9240 into FreeBSD mfi, but the
> two have diverged so it's not a slam-dunk.

Just to let you know there is now a new mfi driver at the LSI site
supporting the new dual core 9265 adapters that were released on CeBIT.
However the new boards does not seem to be avaialble yet.

If you need help with testing, please let me know, I have access to most
of the lsi adapters and lots of Supermicro hardware.

--
Martin Nilsson, CEO, Mullet Scandinavia AB, Malmö, SWEDEN
E-mail: martin at mullet.se, Phone: +46-(0)708-59 99 91, Web: www.mullet.se

Our business is well engineered servers optimised for FreeBSD & Linux