RFC: graid, first step done.

Ivan Voras ivoras at freebsd.org
Mon Mar 7 11:29:37 UTC 2011

On 06/03/2011 15:11, Alexander Motin wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I would like to present for review and testing results of my and M.
> Warner Losh work on new GEOM-based ataraid(4) replacement - graid.

> implemented transformation modules to support such RAID levels: RAID0,
> RAID1, RAID1E, RAID10 and CONCAT. For all these levels all such features

> Once completed, this project should remove last major show stopper for
> enabling CAM-based ATA subsystem by default in 9.x branch. I would
> really like it to be done before 9.0 release.

Excellent!

Two questions: will there be more RAID levels supported, and would graid
be usable for people without these controllers (I assume that it would,
but it's better to check :) ).

Some nits about the patches:

* graid.8: Should "strip" be "stripe"? (search/replace)
* graid.8: teh -> the (search replace)

I'look at it more later!