MFI driver issues

Erich Weiler weiler at soe.ucsc.edu
Tue Mar 1 19:28:07 UTC 2011

> it looks like I may be able to use the MPT driver instead of MFI to
> resolve my problem?  And it looks like it maybe was recently committed
> to 8-STABLE?  But I don't see MPT in this snapshot I'm on, so maybe I'm
> mistaken.  Anyone have any ideas?

Hmm..  it seem that the MPS driver is in the source on 8-PRERELEASE from
March 1st 2011, so I think I have it from when I compiled the most
recent kernel:

# find /usr/src -type f -name \*mps\*
/usr/src/sys/dev/mps/mps.c
/usr/src/sys/dev/mps/mps_ioctl.h
/usr/src/sys/dev/mps/mps_pci.c
/usr/src/sys/dev/mps/mps_sas.c
/usr/src/sys/dev/mps/mps_table.c
/usr/src/sys/dev/mps/mps_table.h
/usr/src/sys/dev/mps/mps_user.c
/usr/src/sys/dev/mps/mpsvar.h

Is there any way I can load MPS instead of MFI to manage my Perc H800
LSI controller?  Maybe an rc.conf line to add or something?  I looked
around for MPS documentation but couldn't find any as of yet.

TIA!