Serious Dell Sadness - H200, H700, and H800

Borja Marcos borjam at sarenet.es
Thu Jan 20 12:59:15 UTC 2011

On Jan 20, 2011, at 4:04 AM, Tom Daly wrote:

> Disk throughput is being tested using Bonnie++. IO performance on FreeBSD 8.1 vs. Debian Squeeze seems to be about 25% better, FWIW, on the <2TB RAID volumes.
>
> Any thoughts, anyone?

I'm finding Dell increasingly annoying by the hour. I have a couple of machines with the dreaded H700 adapter, up to date firmware, and I have had a couple of freezes due to the "mfi timeout issue".

Worse, I don't really need those crappy RAID adapters, I just want direct access to the disks. (I use ZFS)

Now I'm trying the H200 cards, which seem to work well with the mps driver I've taken from 9-CURRENT.

Borja.