mps0-troubles

Joachim Tingvold joachim at tingvold.com
Fri Jan 14 00:00:23 UTC 2011

On Thu, Jan 13, 2011, at 21:37:50PM GMT+01:00, Kenneth D. Merry wrote:
> Did the system recover this time?

Yes and no. The mv-process is still running, however I can use 'zroot'
without issues. I can list some folders on 'storage', but not all --
most of them makes my terminal freeze. And as mentioned, a warm reboot
doesn't work (I have to physically power-cycle it).

> Did you see any other messages before the 'out of chain frames'
> messages
> popped up?

No, not in my last error-log (only boot-entries on the lines above).

> Try editing sys/dev/mps/mpsvar.h, and change MPS_CHAIN_FRAMES from
> 2048 and see if that helps things any.
>
> That won't fix the underlying problem, but it may help you avoid
> running
> out of that resource.

This won't "conflict" with what you've written here[1]? The 9211-8i
controller I have, use the SAS2008-chip.

Would it be possible that low amounts of free memory (<100MB, the
system has a total of 4GB) could cause this? (since I'm using ZFS,
which relies heavily on memory).

[1] <http://www.mail-archive.com/svn-src-head@freebsd.org/msg06214.html>

--
Joachim