mps0-troubles

Joachim Tingvold joachim at tingvold.com
Tue Feb 8 01:35:41 UTC 2011

On Fri, Feb 04, 2011, at 19:00:11PM GMT+01:00, Kenneth D. Merry wrote:
> Perhaps it could depend on memory fragmentation somewhat.  Over time
> you
> may see the low water mark go down a bit.
>
> The good news is that it doesn't look like we have a leak.

<http://home.komsys.org/~jocke/dmesg_mps0_freebsd-scsi_5.txt>

[jocke at filserver ~]$ sysctl hw.mps.0
hw.mps.0.debug_level: 0
hw.mps.0.allow_multiple_tm_cmds: 0
hw.mps.0.io_cmds_active: 1
hw.mps.0.io_cmds_highwater: 959
hw.mps.0.chain_free: 2048
hw.mps.0.chain_free_lowwater: 1721
hw.mps.0.chain_alloc_fail: 0

This time I did a recursive copy of a folder with no large files at
all (it contained only small documents), from 'storage' to 'storage'.

However, it recovered, so the copy just continued where it left of --
which is a change from previous crashes.

--
Joachim