mps0-troubles

Joachim Tingvold joachim at tingvold.com
Fri Feb 4 09:32:23 UTC 2011

On Fri, Feb 04, 2011, at 01:25:37AM GMT+01:00, Kenneth D. Merry wrote:
> Hmm.  Lots of possiblilities, but a few things to look at:
>
> - Did you do a buildkernel or a make cleandepend && make depend &&
> make?
> - Look at the timestamp on mps.o in your kernel build directory
> - touch mps.c, rebuild your kernel, and look to see that it got built
> - 'grep io_cmds_active *' in sys/dev/mps, and make sure the patch got
>   applied.
> - make sure you installed the kernel in the right place
> - make sure you booted the correct kernel (look at uname -a to see
> when it
>   was built)

Okay, now I feel like an idiot; I haven't rebuilt any kernel at any
time, so the 1024->2048 change of 'MPS_CHAIN_FRAMES' probably had no
effect (literally).

Now, I've run into another problem;

	[root at filserver /usr/src]# make buildworld && make buildkernel
	[...]
	/usr/src/sys/dev/ath/if_ath.c:3895:5: error: "NOTYET" is not defined
	*** Error code 1

	Stop in /usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC.
	*** Error code 1

	Stop in /usr/src.