mps0-troubles

Kenneth D. Merry ken at freebsd.org
Fri Feb 4 00:25:37 UTC 2011

On Fri, Feb 04, 2011 at 01:20:10 +0100, Joachim Tingvold wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 04, 2011, at 01:02:49AM GMT+01:00, Kenneth D. Merry wrote:
> >That change went in a few weeks ago.
>
> Ahh, okay. I'll try updating it this weekend, then.
>
> >Try this patch, perhaps it will work.
>
> No errors this time, but it didn't seem to do anything;
>
> 	[root at filserver ~]# sysctl hw.mps
> 	hw.mps.disable_msi: 0
> 	hw.mps.disable_msix: 0
> 	hw.mps.0.debug_level: 0
> 	hw.mps.0.allow_multiple_tm_cmds: 0

Hmm.  Lots of possiblilities, but a few things to look at:

 - Did you do a buildkernel or a make cleandepend && make depend && make?
 - Look at the timestamp on mps.o in your kernel build directory
 - touch mps.c, rebuild your kernel, and look to see that it got built
 - 'grep io_cmds_active *' in sys/dev/mps, and make sure the patch got
   applied.
 - make sure you installed the kernel in the right place
 - make sure you booted the correct kernel (look at uname -a to see when it
   was built)

Ken
--
Kenneth Merry