propose: change some sense codes handling

Andriy Gapon avg at FreeBSD.org
Tue Apr 5 14:20:38 UTC 2011

on 05/04/2011 16:41 Borja Marcos said the following:

> On Apr 5, 2011, at 3:35 PM, Andriy Gapon wrote:
>
>> on 05/04/2011 16:24 Borja Marcos said the following:
>>> I forgot. Of course it's not harmelss at all. That's the problem of being multi-tasking ;)
>>>
>>> Reset or power on could indicate that any configuration written to the device (mode pages) have gone back to the default values as well. So, even with no outstanding operations, I would treat it with caution.
>>>
>>> And again, if you power cycle a device from which you have filesystems attached I find it safer to treat it as an I/O error, unmounting the filesystems, checking, etc, etc.
>>
>> Sure.  So, still why "Power on occurred" or "Device internal reset" should be
>> SS_RDEF while "Power on, reset, or bus device reset occurred" should be SS_FATAL?
>
> Seems to be safer to treat it as fatal, don't you think?

Seems to be safe to treat everything as fatal, but less convenient perhaps?
So let me clarify.  Do you suggest that all "reset" and "power" statuses be
treated as SS_FATAL?  Or do you single-out "Power on, reset, or bus device reset
occurred"?

--
Andriy Gapon