Problems getting target mode to work with isp driver

Penta Upa bsdboot at gmail.com
Thu Oct 28 20:22:33 UTC 2010

On Thu, Oct 28, 2010 at 5:00 AM, Matthew Jacob <mj at feral.com> wrote:

> Since this was all point to point, my guess is that it's a soft loop id
> issue.
>
> You can try your original setup again (linux to FreeBSD), but for the
> FreeBSD box add this to loader.conf:
>
>    set hint.isp.0.iid=75

target mode doesn't work by setting the above hint in the loader.conf. (even
with the solaris box) The earlier linux setup doesn't work. I also tried
with another linux box (RHEL 5.5) which had both qla2340 and qla2460 cards
and with windows 2003 (which is the same as the solaris box). But they dont
work with or without the hint. Once i removed the hint from the loader.conf,
solaris works but not linux or windows

I'll attach the the initiators and target to a switch over the weekend and
narrow it down to a point to point issue. Thanks a lot for the help and many
apologies for the delay in response. I'm trying out target mode as a
personal project which i do after work.

Thanks,
Penta