QLogic 2340 isp target mode

Brad Waite lists at wcubed.net
Tue Nov 30 20:40:15 UTC 2010

Thanks Matthew,

I removed all the isp.0 hints, but it doesn't seem to affect anything.

Oddly (at least to me), when I remove the isp_2300_load from loader.conf
I get the following in dmesg:

isp0: target notify code 0x100b

scsi_target still doesn't work, although I'm still not sure what to use
for the device:target:LUN option.

I had scoured -scsi and thought I'd come across everything related to
isp target mode, but I just found the following post from last month:

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-scsi/2010-October/004581.html

Penta had the same version and HBAs with the following config:

options               ISP_TARGET_MODE
options               ISP_DEFAULT_ROLES=1

hint.isp.0.role="target"
hint.isp.0.fullduplex="1"

Is it correct to assume that the ISP_TARGET_MODE option didn't actually
enable target mode because it wasn't set to 1 but that the hint did?

Thanks again for the help. I'll write up a How-To if I get this working
and hopefully cut down on redundant questions on the list.