kern/146287: [ciss] ciss(4) cannot see more than one SmartArray controller

Per olof Ljungmark peo at intersonic.se
Tue May 4 20:29:48 UTC 2010

Scott Long wrote:
> Ah, I see a problem where the ACPI driver is rejecting the bridge
> that the 2 extra controllers are on.  This machine is likely 7-8
> years old, yes?  Disabling ACPI from the freebsd boot menu or from
> the BIOS.  Also check if there are any BIOS/firmware upgrades
> available for the machine.
>
> Scott

A G4 should be around five years I think, the last U320 equipped ProLiant's.

Moving the 6400 card to the slot closest to the MB fixed it. There is a
great deal of confusion in HP's docs on slot numbering and such and
although I did not find such information I suspect the controller should
go inte this slot even if it's pictured in slot two in the manual.

Thanks Scott.

per