kern/146287: [ciss] ciss(4) cannot see more than one SmartArray controller

Per olof Ljungmark peo at intersonic.se
Tue May 4 20:07:13 UTC 2010

Scott Long wrote:
> On May 4, 2010, at 1:19 PM, Per olof Ljungmark wrote:
>
>> Scott Long wrote:
>>> Thanks.  I see 2 ILO devices, 1 CISS device, and a handful of other
>>> various PCI bridges and devices.  Either your extra missing
>>> controllers are on an exotic topology that freebsd can't probe, or
>>> there is some other kind of confusion.  Either way, FreeBSD itself
>>> doesn't see any trace of them.
>>>
>>> Scott
>>>
>> Would it help if I posted info from same box with OpenBSD installed?
>> OBSD apparnetly sees all three controllers.
>>

> Yeah, that would definitely help.

Hmm. Now I moved the controller to the one slot out of three I did not
try, popped the FreeBSD 8-STABLE amd64 install CD back in and now all
three drives are visible in sysinstall. Either the show up due to being
partitioned by OBSD or due to the slot. I'll go ahead and install
8-STABLE and report back.