Query on mkpart behaviour when there is no SCSI connected.

VIKAS SONI vikassoni85 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 9 06:28:00 UTC 2010

Hi,

We are debugging SCSI driver for LynxOS on ppc architecture board.

We are trying to run mkpart application (mkpart /dev/rsdncr.0) on ppc board
when there is no SCSI connected.

The observed behavior is the user application will hang and (Ctrl + C) is
used to get the bash prompt or to come out of user application.

As the request for device identification is not completed due to no SCSI
connected, it waits over semaphore at that point in the driver and does not
return

back to user application with some error. The only way to come out of user
application is by pressing (Ctrl +C).

[System: /] $ mkpart /dev/rsdncr.0

^C

[System: /] $ mkpart /dev/rsdncr.1

^C

[System: /] $ mkpart /dev/rsdncr.2

^C

[System: /]

Is our understanding correct?

Is the user application when no SCSI connected is supposed to behave in this
way?

Thanks in advance,

Vikas Soni