istgt and iscsi_initiator on FreeBSD 8.1

Josh Paetzel josh at tcbug.org
Tue Dec 21 05:11:25 UTC 2010

I've been trying for several hours to set up a FreeBSD 8.1 iSCSI target and
initiator.

I have net/istgt installed from ports, and with a very basic configuration
copied from the sample config files I can use it fine with the Microsoft
initiator, but using a FreeBSD 8.1 box with the iscsi_initiator kldloaded it
doesn't work.

I can post some error output, but at this point I'm wondering if anyone has
this configuration working at all.

--
Thanks,

Josh Paetzel