adding a "retry command after a delay" error

Alexander Motin mav at FreeBSD.org
Mon Apr 5 06:37:30 UTC 2010

Matthew Jacob wrote:
> This is something I whipped up for dealing with some
> active/active-after-failover-time systems. I wanted to have a general
> facility to say of an ASC/ASCQ- retry the command, but after a period of
> delay.
>
> Wonder if anyone had comments?
> http://people.freebsd.org/~mjacob/delay_diffs.txt

I am not SCSI expert yet, but it seems OK for me. But I see two related
questions there: delay time and number of retries allowed.

Most of peripheral drivers now AFAIR ask to do only few (2-5) retries,
so if delay will be short - it may give up too early, but long delay
will probably reduce performance.

--
Alexander Motin