aaccli question

Joseph Mays mays at win.net
Mon Oct 12 19:21:52 UTC 2009

Okay, we had a disk go bad on a raid controller. I replaced the disk with an identical disk, expecting it to rebuild. "disk list" aaccli showed the new disk was not initialized. So I initialized it with "disk initialize 03," but still nothing ever happened in the task list and the array is still running in degraded mode.

C:ID:L  Device Type     Blocks    Bytes/Block Usage            Shared Rate
------  --------------  --------- ----------- ---------------- ------ ----
0:01:0   Disk            71775284  512         Initialized      NO     320
0:02:0   Disk            71775284  512         Initialized      NO     320
0:03:0   Disk            71775284  512         Initialized      NO     320
0:04:0   Disk            71775284  512         Initialized      NO     320

AAC0> container list
Executing: container list
Num          Total  Oth Stripe          Scsi   Partition
Label Type   Size   Ctr Size   Usage   C:ID:L Offset:Size
----- ------ ------ --- ------ ------- ------ -------------
 0    RAID-5 68.3GB      256KB Open    0:01:0 64.0KB:34.1GB
 /dev/aacd0           admin4           0:02:0 64.0KB:34.1GB
                                       0:04:0 64.0KB:34.1GB

AAC0> task list
Executing: task list

Controller Tasks

TaskId Function  Done%  Container State Specific1 Specific2

No tasks currently running on controller

AAC0>

I assume I need to add the disk to the container as a failover, but both iterations I tried, "container set failover 0,3,0" and "container set failover 3) failed saying "incorrect parameters". What should the syntax of this command be? I would try "container set failover 0 3" were I not afraid of breaking the array. I have it backed up, but I really would rather not restore the entire system from backup.

Joe