istgt now supports command queuing in disk type

Daisuke Aoyama aoyama at peach.ne.jp
Thu Mar 26 10:36:40 PDT 2009

Hello,

I sent change request of ports version.
(just now was committed when I wrote mail)

What's new?
(from 20090323)
 o starting to support multipath I/O by VMware ESXi (Fix/MRU/RR)
 o wildcard address listen and translate IP (useful on DHCP)
 o utilization efficiency of the command queuing was improved
 o task abort handling in cluster nodes
 o reduce deadlock and timeout risk
(from 20090314)
 o support command queuing
 o shrink pre-allocated SCSI sense data buffer from 64K to 4K.
 o allow full specify "eui." and "naa." like "iqn."
 o if small PDU, write as one buffer.
and many bug fixes

The command queuing is disabled by default.
If you want to use it, please add QueueDepth key in the LogicalUnit
section of your configuration. for example:

[LogicalUnit1]
  # Queuing 0=disabled, 1-255=enabled with specified depth.
  QueueDepth 16

If you have any problem with command queuing, comment out or specify 0
to disable it. Disabled version is about the same behavior as 20090314.

To use wildcard address, edit your configuration like this:

[PortalGroup1]
  # for IPv6
  Portal DA1 [::]:3260
  # for IPv4
  Portal DA1 0.0.0.0:3260

Do not use mix with other IPs.

After this change you can see TargetAddress as connected IP.
IP address family connected by discovery session is important.
If you need IPv6 target address, should use IPv6 in discovery.
Also if you need IPv4 target address, should use IPv4.
The istgt will reply only one IP address of multiple wildcard address
to the initiator.

Here is release 20090326:
http://shell.peach.ne.jp/aoyama/archives/386

--