updated isp(4) driver available

Kenneth D. Merry ken at kdm.org
Wed Jul 22 16:19:15 UTC 2009

On Tue, Jul 21, 2009 at 10:41:34 -0400, Ross wrote:

> KDM> I would certainly appreciate any testing that you folks would care to do on
> KDM> these patches.  My hope is to get them into -current at some point, most
> KDM> likely after the 8.0 freeze lifts.
>
> To let you (+ others know), we've been using this code on our systems
> now for a while (7.x/i386,amd64), and all things point to a good solid
> release that fixes the bugs we've come across with the current
> drivers.
>
> I will point out that we're a fairly generic FC/SAN configuration
> though (HP to EVA - QMH2462 at 4Gb), so haven't had a need to test the
> new features.
>
> Excellent work, and hope to see it part of the distribution soon!

Great, thanks for the feedback!  I really appreciate your testing out the
driver.

If anyone else wants to test the driver, here are patches against -current
and RELENG_7:

http://people.freebsd.org/~ken/isp_diffs.current.20090629.out.gz

http://people.freebsd.org/~ken/isp_diffs.releng7.20090629.out.gz

Thanks,