ISCSI and multipath

Andrew Snow andrew at modulus.org
Thu Jan 8 17:03:47 PST 2009

Sossi Andrej wrote:
> Another question about MD3000i.
> My MD3000i have 2 controller and every controller have 2 net interface.
> My FreeBSD server is connect on NAS server with 2 network cards throw
> out 2 switch on th 2 networks. (192.168.253.X and 192.168.252.X).
> In the official manual is written if the primary controller (or net)
> have a problem the NAS automatically switch disks drive on second
> controller. For this is required MPIO on Windows or MPP on Linux. It is
> supported also on FreeBSD?

If you only wanted to do failover at the network level with shared IP
address, you could use lagg.

However, since you have different IP subnets for each network, you
probably want to look at using geom_fox.  You set up two iSCSI
connections, one to each controller, and geom_fox on top to make it
appear as a single disk device.

Hope that helps!

- Andrew