iSCSI initiator questions

Daisuke Aoyama aoyama at peach.ne.jp
Sun Apr 12 18:28:00 PDT 2009

Hi all,

I have a trouble that FreeBSD initiator caused to panic when umount
after writing many files to the iSCSI disk. (w/softupdate)
It seems that my istgt corrupted. Then, when I was going to have
made the digest function effective for diagnostic, I encountered
a further problem.

iSCSI initiator(2.1.1) crashed when HeaderDigest was specified and
the connection was tried. (DataDigest caused the system to hang)
Has not it been supported yet?

Note: istgt's digest function was tested by Microsoft's initiators.
HeaderDigest was also tested by Open-iSCSI initiator (CentOS 5.2).

This is another question. Is the following code an expected code?
Why is Head of Queue tag mapped to Ordered Queue tag attribute?

/usr/src/sys/dev/iscsi/initiator/iscsi_subr.c
>     case MSG_SIMPLE_Q_TAG:     cmd->attr = iSCSI_TASK_SIMPLE;  break;
>     case MSG_HEAD_OF_Q_TAG:    cmd->attr = iSCSI_TASK_ORDER;   break;
>     case MSG_ORDERED_Q_TAG:    cmd->attr = iSCSI_TASK_HOFQ;    break;
>     case MSG_ACA_TASK:         cmd->attr = iSCSI_TASK_ACA;     break;

Thanks,
--
Daisuke Aoyama