Hang on boot in isp with QLA2342 after upgrading to 6.3

Graham Allan allan at physics.umn.edu
Mon May 12 02:38:25 UTC 2008

Sean Bruno wrote:
 > Graham Allan wrote:
 >> Sean Bruno wrote:
 >> > I see that you tested 6.1 but not 6.2 ... if you could, can you
 >> check 6.2?
 >> >
 >> > I'm trying to limit the code searching and that would help a bit.
 >>
 >> I'm downloading 6.2 now - should be able to test it tomorrow morning.
 >>
 > Also, have you tried cvsup'ing your kernel to RELENG_6 and recompiling?

No, I only used RELENG_6_3 initially - I can try RELENG_6 after base
6.2, I guess.

I did also try one or two other crazy things - like I noticed the
isp2300 firmware in ispfw changed versions between 6.1 and 6.3 so I
tried rebuilding 6.3 but using the 6.1 firmware (basically copying
asm_2300.h from one to the other). Probably a stupid idea to anyone who
knows more about the driver than me - didn't help anyway!

Graham