(probe30:iir0:2:0:0): inquiry data fails comparison at DV1 step

Julien jcigar at ulb.ac.be
Wed Apr 2 08:40:22 UTC 2008

Hello,

I'm using FreeBSD 7.0 with an Intel SRCZCR
(http://support.intel.com/support/motherboards/server/srczcr/) RAID
controller. The machine is configured as the following:
- RAID 1 + one spare disk where the system is installed
- RAID 5 + one spare disk mounted under /usr

The disks are from Seagate (146 GB, U320).
It seems to work fine (it's a fresh install) except that I have this
message on boot :

(probe30:iir0:2:0:0): inquiry data fails comparison at DV1 step

Should I worry or can I ignore this message ? What's the exact meaning
of it ?
The complete dmesg output can be found on
http://rafb.net/p/4AWejC78.html

In advance thanks,
Julien

ps: could you reply on my email address as I'm not subscribed on this
ML.

--
Julien Cigar
Belgian Biodiversity Platform