iSCSI in 7.0

James Mansion james at mansionfamily.plus.com
Tue Nov 6 12:03:39 PST 2007

James Mansion wrote:
> and its hard to see how this could possibly be the case with a fully
> static
> allocation.
And I guess I'm also guilty of haste, because kernel != non-paged, and
*also*
static != non-paged.

I suppose I have an assumption that the kernel will have defined-in
static structures that are normally non-pageable, plus some further
non-pageable structures based on what it finds in the options and actual
device probe, and a further pool of pageable kernel memory.

But this may be false - and it may be that FreeBSD could make all
its kernel mode memory non-pageable.

So I guess the question really is - are you saying that in this case
all kernel memory is non-pageable - or that you know that for the
IP stack and iSCSI initiator, all the memory is non-pageable?

James