scsi_target with multiple luns

Hidetoshi Shimokawa simokawa at FreeBSD.ORG
Fri Jun 1 04:53:25 UTC 2007

On 6/1/07, Scott Long <scottl at samsco.org> wrote:

> > Maybe, we should rewrite scsi_target in kernel space with GEOM support..
>
> I'm unclear on how GEOM would fix this.  Also, scsi targets aren't
> always DA devices.  I dedicated scsi_da_target device that is backed
> by GEOM might be interesting, though.  Even more interesting would be
> a direct DMA method that required no KVA mappings for the data.
>
> Scott

I don't say GEOM fixes the problem. I just say if it's implemented in kernel,
we don't need to care about the context of userland.

Though it's true that it's not only for DA device, I think using GEOM would
be useful for applications such as iSCSI.

--
/\ Hidetoshi Shimokawa
\/  simokawa at FreeBSD.ORG