AW: SAS RAID controller

Andrea Venturoli ml at netfence.it
Thu Dec 6 11:56:37 PST 2007

d_elbracht ha scritto:
> We use several,
>
> for internal SAS ICP5045, for external IPC5805

You mean ICP 5085, don't you? :-)

> Well supported with drivers and command-line tools and faaaaaaast.

This would be aac and aaccli?

I doubt I could find an ICP adapter around here (Italy): I didn't ever
hear about this vendor before.
Perhaps it would be easier with Adaptec; any experience with these?

> For attaching SAS-Boxes (e.g. Infortrend), a Host-Adapter would to.

I'm planing an internal hot-swap box, so I guess I'll need a RAID
adapter. However, I don't even see any host-adapter listed in the
hardware notes (otherwise I could use gmirror as a last resort).

> Question to the Group, what SAS Controller (HBA or RAID) can handle more
> that 8 LUNs per SCSI-ID ?

I guess you'll need to write to the mailing list then :-)
I've put them back in cc:

  bye & Thanks
	av.