performance with LSI SAS 1064

Lutieri G. lutierigbtrabalho at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 05:03:30 PDT 2007

2007/8/30, Eric Anderson <anderson at freebsd.org>:

> I'm confused - you said in your first post you were getting 3MB/s, where
>   above you show something like 55MB/s.
Sorry! using blogbench i got 3MB/s and 100% busy. Once is 100% busy i
thinked that 3MB/s is the maximum speed. But i was wrong...

> You didn't say what kind of disks, or how many, the configuration, etc -
> so it's hard to answer much.  The 55MB/s seems pretty decent for many
> hard drives in a sequential use state (which is what dd tests really).

SAS disks. Seagate, i don't know what is the right model of disks.

Ok. If 55Mb/s is a decent speed i'm happy. I'm getting problems with
squid cache and maybe should be a problem related with disks. But...
i'm investigating and discharging problems.

> Your errors before were probably caused because your queue depth is set
> to 255 (or 256?) and the adapter can't do that many.  You should use
> camcontrol to reduce it, to maybe 32.  See the camcontrol man page for
> the right usage.  It's something that needs setting on every boot, so a
> startup file is a good place for it maybe.

Is there any way of get the right number to reduce?!

--
Regards
Lutieri G. B.