SCB timeout and other errors + system hang with adaptec/seagate

AT Matik asstec at matik.com.br
Wed Mar 29 15:15:20 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 29 March 2006 11:57, Rob Watt wrote:
> So,
>
> These error are still cropping up on some of my machines. After upgrading
> the drive firmware and disabling SMART, some of my machines are stable
> (and no longer generate the SCB timeout error).
>
> I am still having problems on a few of the machines though, and I have a

I got SCB erros on my SCSI servers recently
I changed the adapter (Adaptec) cable and terminator and no change

I need to say that I have not seen this problem on releng_6 before a month ago
but on early 6.0-Stable in beginning of december

So I changed the slot of the adapter card and it worked for more or less time
before getting the error, since I had polling enabled I didn't saw the NIC
IRQs, so I disabled polling to see

I disabled polling by not compiling it in and the effexted machines are
running stable since two weeks now

strange that there is no HW IRQ conflict

disabling polling on a 4.11-STABLE machine resolved the same problem

joão