3ware 9500 locks up on 6.0-stable!

Alfred Perlstein alfred at freebsd.org
Mon Jan 9 13:06:54 PST 2006

* Vinod R Kashyap <vinodrk at gmail.com> [060109 12:35] wrote:

>    On 1/9/06, Alfred Perlstein <[1]alfred at freebsd.org> wrote:
>
>    These messages are normal under heavy loads if you have bootverbose
>    on,
>    and should not cause any lockups.  You might want to turn bootverbose
>    off
>    if you are seeing a lot of these.  You seem to be using a 5.x driver
>    version (3.50.xx.xxx) on 6.0.  You might want to move to a 6.x version
>    (3.60.xx.xxx).

1.) I am not really under any heavy load, the machine is pretty idle.
2.) that information was pasted from a 5.x machine, so I was running
the correct driver with the correct OS. :)

>    I have moved out of maintaining the 3ware driver.  Please contact
>    3ware Support if you have problems.
>
>      And things seem fine... for now... there is currently a rebuild
>      and it's 12% complete.
>      Additionally it seems that under FreeBSD 5.4 and 6.0 the 3dm web
>      tool does not function.
>

>    3dm should work both on 5.4 & 6.0.  Contact 3ware Support if you have
>    problems.

Know a name I can ask for?  I'm a kernel-type guy so I can really give
good diagnostics if the person is interested.  I just would like to
avoid jumping through a lot of lower level support channels if possible.

--
- Alfred Perlstein